Friday, October 17, 2008

New Chapter



Well, after eleven weeks of waiting my call finally came! I suppose you'll want to know where I'm going. : ) Well, I have been called to serve as a missionary in the New York, Rochester mission. (English speaking) I'm really excited. I would have loved to go foreign and learn a language, but I really feel like this call is inspired and I'm stoked to go. And it wasn't Idaho. Praises for that! I report to the mtc on December 10th. I'm ready to move on and start this awesome new chapter of my life. Sweet sauce!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Hooray! So exciting! We're so proud of you Mel!

brittany said...

You are serving a mission?! I had no idea! Congratulations, and what a neat place to be serving! Melissa, you will be such a great missionary!

p.s. my cousin is in the mtc right now!

Jessie Evans said...

No way, Melissa that's awesome!! I'm so excited for you, and what a wonderful area to be serving in. Congrats!

Annegirl said...

Mel! That's awesome! And that's supposed to be a really cool mission! NY is so full of church history and it's beautiful, too. Congratulations!

lulu said...

wow! I heard that you were thinking of a mission. How wonderful and congratulations! We'll be in Syracuse, New York over Christmas. Best wishes.